ingredients you’ll need
- Black beans: It’s no surprise these black beans call for…you guessed it – black beans! We opted for one 15 ounce can of black beans to make prep quick and effortless, but feel free to substitute 1 3/4 cups of black beans cooked from dry.
- Oats: Old-fashioned rolled oats will yield the best-textured burgers. If necessary, opt for gluten-free certified oats. Although oats in and of themselves are gluten-free, cross-contamination is common meaning traces of wheat are often found in regular rolled oats.
- Shallot: We used a shallot to add flavor to this black bean burger recipe. It’s milder than onion, yet still adds a bit of a flavor punch you won’t want to miss. If you love the pungent flavor of onion, feel free to opt for 1/2 a medium onion.
- Garlic: Fresh garlic cloves add additional flavor and make these burgers taste fresh. In a pinch, garlic powder will work but fresh cloves are superior when possible.
- Old bay seasoning: In order to keep the ingredient count down, we went with a spice blend for seasoning. Old bay seasoning is made with a blend of paprika, celery seed, garlic, salt, and black pepper. It’s the perfect ingredient to keep in your pantry when you need a simple flavor boost
See the full recipe here: