10101 Ashburton Ln.
Media Contact: Jane DeMarines, email@example.com
Planet Bethesda’s World Environment Day, June 5, 2022, hosts health, nutrition, and climate experts in its fun-filled program.
Bethesda, MD, (May 4, 2022) – Planet Bethesda celebrates World Environment Day, which will include a speaker lineup of professional health practitioners and non-profit directors. Its First Annual Food Festival brings together the best of Bethesda’s restaurants and eateries, serving up small dishes of creative, heathy plant-based cuisine. The event will occur at Elm Street Park on Sunday, June 5, 2022, from 12 pm to 6 pm.
Main Stage Speaker Lineup:
• Dr. Vanita Rahman, Clinic Director, Barnard Medical Center
• Eric C Lindstrom, Executive Director, Farm Animal Rights Movement (FARM)
• Dr. Milton Mills, Internal Medicine Specialist (Washington, DC)
• Jane DeMarines, Executive Director, Sustainable Earth Eating
• Dr. Lakshman Mulpuri, Co-Founder and Chief Executive, PlantsNourish
A new addition to the event, The MAD EARTH Science Show, hosted by Mad Science DC, will entertain both children and parents alike. It will have everyone amazed as they watch over-the-top science demonstrations like amazing chemical reactions, fantastic forces, etc. Restaurant vendors include: True Foods Kitchen, Dog Haus, Bethesda Curry Kitchen, Zao Stamina Ramen, Guardado’s, The Red Bandana Bakery, Tikka Masala, Zoe’s Vegan Delight, Jarabe, Cipolla Rossa Pizzeria and Berries & Bowls.
Other vendors: Elysium, Eat the Change, Clean Choice Energy, JusRedor and Green Earth
Planet Bethesda will offer live DJ music, a Kid’s Korner, bier garden, a pie-eating contest,presentations, and giveaways.
• It is FREE to the public. This food, music, and fun festival will take place in Elm Street Park. Vendor food and beverages will be available for purchase. Planet Bethesda will be held Rain or Shine. Dogs are welcome. The Park is a 2-minute walk from Bethesda metro or FREE parking available in lots 10 and 24.
• More than a dozen area restaurants and vendors.
• Kid’s Korner with face painting, fascinating science show hosted by Mad Science DC and family-fun activities (sponsored by Georgetown Hill Early School)
• Bier Garten with wine and cocktails (21+, sponsored by Long & Foster)
• Canine Courtyard– for our furry friends (sponsored by Elysiem Pet Boutique)
• Much, much more!
“We’re excited to co-present Planet Bethesda with PCRM and SEE. This World Environment Day celebration brings together food and fun for the planet. We’re also celebrating Bethesda, an area that’s been home to FARM for 45 years,” says Eric C Lindstrom, Executive Director of FARM. For more information, visit www.PlanetBethesda.com.
The event is hosted and sponsored by three environment and health-focused groups: FARM Animal Rights Movement, Sustainable Earth Eating, and the Physician’s Committee for Responsible Medicine and is supported by Long & Foster Real Estate, TD Bank, VegFund, and MOM’s organic market.
About FARM: Farm Animal Rights Movement (FARM) is a national nonprofit organization advocating for
animal rights, veganism and sustainability since 1976. For many years, they were the only national animal
rights organization fighting for farmed animals and advocating for taking meat off menus. Operating from
our nation’s capital and New York through a network of local activists, FARM conducts massive public
awareness campaigns and international programs (including MeatOut, Vegan Earth Day, and World Day
for Farmed Animals). FARM’s Animal Rights National Conference has inspired hundreds of animal rights
activists and motivated movement newcomers for over 40 years.
About SEE: Sustainable Earth Eating (SEE), is a non-profit based in Bethesda, MD who seek to raise
awareness of how individual food choices can impact the planet’s climate and direct your attention to the
often-overlooked climate change villain—animal agriculture. Though it is vital to find an environmentalfriendly alternative to fossil fuels, it is equally important for humanity to choose a more sustainable diet.
About PCRM: The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine is a non-profit research and
advocacy organization based in Washington, D.C., which promotes a plant-based diet, preventive
medicine, and alternatives to animal research, and encourages what it describes as “higher standards of
ethics and effectiveness in research.