Rep Jamie Raskin, CEO Seth Goldman, to Address Planet Bethesda’s World Environment Day, June 5, 2022
Bethesda, MD, (May 17, 2022) – Congressman Jamie Raskin (D-MD) will address a World Environment Day event, Planet Bethesda, on June 5th at Elm Street Park. Raskin, representing Maryland’s Eighth Congressional District, joins a distinguished panel of advocates and practitioners for plant-based solutions to commemorate World Environment Day. Serial Entrepreneur Seth Goldman, Founder/CEO Eat the Change PLNT Burger has also joined the line-up. This First Annual Food Festival brings together the best of Bethesda’s restaurants and eateries, serving up small dishes of creative, healthy plant-based cuisine. Elm Street Urban Park is located at 4600 Elm Street and the event is from 12 pm to 6 pm.
Congressman Raskin said, “Climate change isn’t just an issue. It is the entire context in which we have to make all our public policy decisions.” Seth Goldman, Founder and CEO of Eat the Change, PLNT Burger said, ”I can’t wait to see everyone at Planet Bethesda. It’s the perfect way to make climate-friendly diets more accessible – fun, joyous, and tasty!’
- Lisa DeCrescente, Planet Bethesda Producer & Director of Special Projects, Farm Animal Rights Movement (FARM)
- Eric C Lindstrom, Executive Director, Farm Animal Rights Movement (FARM)
- Seth Goldman, Co-Founder/CEO Eat the Change, Co-Founder, PLNT Burger
- Dr. Vanita Rahman, Clinic Director, Barnard Medical Center
- Congressman Jamie Raskin, Maryland’s 8th District
- Dr. Milton Mills, Internal Medicine Specialist (Washington, DC)
- Jane DeMarines, Executive Director, Sustainable Earth Eating
- Dr. Lakshman Mulpuri, Co-Founder and Chief Executive, PlantsNourish
A new addition to the event, The MAD EARTH Science Show, hosted by Mad Science DC, will entertain both children and parents alike. It will have everyone amazed as they watch over-the-top science demonstrations like amazing chemical reactions, fantastic forces, etc. (Registration required)
Restaurant vendors include: True Foods Kitchen, Dog Haus, Bethesda Curry Kitchen, Zao
Stamina Ramen, Guardado’s, The Red Bandana Bakery, Tikka Masala, Zoe’s Vegan Delight,
Jarabe, Cipolla Rossa Pizzeria, Clayboys, and Berries & Bowls.
Other vendors: Elysium, Eat the Change, Clean Choice Energy, JusRedor, Custom Ink, and Green Earth Travel.
Planet Bethesda will offer live DJ music, a Kid’s Korner, Bier Garten, Canine Courtyard, a pie-eating contest, presentations, and giveaways.
- Planet Bethesda is FREE to the public. This food, music, and fun festival will take place at Elm Street Park
- Vendor food and beverages will be available for purchase. Planet Bethesda will be
held Rain or Shine. Dogs are welcome. The Park is a 2-minute walk from Bethesda metro or FREE parking available in lots 10 and 24.
- More than a dozen area restaurants and vendors.
- Kid’s Korner with face painting, henna tattoos, caricature artists, fascinating science show hosted by Mad Science DC and family-fun activities (sponsored by Georgetown Hill Early School)
- Bier Garten with beer, wine and cocktails (21+, sponsored by Long & Foster Real Estate)
- Canine Courtyard– for our furry friends (sponsored by Elysiem Pet Boutique)
- Much, much more!
“The outpouring of support from the community that has been the location of FARM for more than four decades has been just incredible,” says Eric C Lindstrom, Executive Director of FARM. “We are looking forward to connecting with Bethesda in a new, and delicious, way.” For more information, visit www.PlanetBethesda.com.
The event is hosted and sponsored by three environment and health-focused groups: Farm Animal Rights Movement, Sustainable Earth Eating, and the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, and is supported by Long & Foster Real Estate, TD Bank, VegFund, Georgetown Hill Early School, and MOM’s Organic Market.
About FARM: Farm Animal Rights Movement (FARM) is a national nonprofit organization advocating for animal rights, veganism and sustainability since 1976. For many years, they were the only national animal rights organization fighting for farmed animals and advocating for taking meat off menus. Operating from our nation’s capital and New York through a network of local activists, FARM conducts massive public awareness campaigns and international programs (including MeatOut, Vegan Earth Day, and World Day for Farmed Animals). FARM’s Animal Rights National Conference has inspired hundreds of animal rights activists and motivated movement newcomers for over 40 years.
About SEE: Sustainable Earth Eating (SEE), is a non-profit based in Bethesda, MD, that seeks to raise awareness of how individual food choices impact the planet’s climate and to direct attention to the often overlooked climate change villain—animal agriculture. Although it is vital to transition to environmentally friendly alternatives to fossil fuels, it is equally important for humanity to choose a more sustainable diet.
About PCRM: The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine is a non-profit research and advocacy organization based in Washington, D.C., which promotes a plant-based diet, preventive medicine, and alternatives to animal research, and encourages what it describes as “higher standards of ethics and effectiveness in research.”